Friday, April 6, 2012

The Meryton Ball

My family was invited to the Meryton Ball last evening. Families from all over the area came to dance and fellowship with other people. However, this ball stood out among others we have been to. A new man who bought Netherfield, Mr. Bingley, attended this dance and brought four other guests. He brought his two sisters, one of their husbands, and his friend.
Mr. Bingley danced with my eldest sister, Jane, more than any of the other girls. I could tell that he had a real liking for her. He tried to convince his friend, Mr. Darcy, to dance with a girl. Mr. Darcy seemed to be filled with pride and said that Bingley was dancing with the only pretty girl in the room. I took that as a compliment for my sister, and an insult to myself. Bingley tried to get him to dance with me, but he said I wasn't tempting enough. Fine by me.

Here is a picture of the families who attended the Meryton Ball.

www.prideandprejudice05.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment